Every year I set myself a target, usually of about 100, of films to watch. These are new films. Not new, new films. But films that are new to me. Any time I’ve seen a new one, I post a bit of a brain dump of my thoughts on the film here. Enjoy!
Love and Other Drugs (15/03/12)
A woman suffering from Parkinson’s befriends a drug rep working for Pfizer against 1990s Pittsburgh backdrop.
I can’t say that this film was interesting, moving or particularly anything. It filled a couple of hours during the day. Jake was good. Anne was good. Found Josh Gad totally annoying and completely unnecessary.
Maybe I’m being too cold about this film. It was vaguely interesting. A young woman having to face a slowly degenerating life. I did put myself in her shoes and to be honest, I think she was handling it better than I ever would!
Jake and Anne worked well together. Believable chemistry. The ending had everything tied up fairly neatly. A little predictable. Though, it was the only way the film could have gone. Right?
Finding it hard to think of anything to write anything else about this film – a clear sign that this film made absolutely no impact on me!
Read on to see all the films watched this year…
22 Films so far this year
- The Tourist 1/5 (02/01/12)
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo 5/5 (03/01/12)
- World’s Greatest Dad 2/5 (14/01/12)
- Haywire 3/5 (19/01/12)
- Dead Snow 3/5 (20/01/12)
- The Artist 5/5 (21/01/12)
- Priest 2/5 (05/02/12)
- The Muppets 5/5 (15/02/12)
- Faster 4/5 (19/02/12)
- Chronicle 4/5 (22/02/12)
- Safe House 4/5 (24/02/12)
- Reservoir Dogs 4/5 (25/02/12)
- This Means War 4/5 (02/03/12)
- The Royal Tenenbaums 3/5 (03/03/12)
- Reign of Fire 3/5 (04/03/12)
- Dear John 2/5 (04/03/12)
- Road to Perdition 5/5 (05/03/12)
- The Three Musketeers 3/5 (06/03/12)
- The Eagle 2/5 (10/03/12)
- Everybody’s Fine 2/5 (14/03/12)
- Frankenstein 4/5 (15/03/12)
- Love and Other Drugs 2/5 (15/03/12)