2010′s nearly done and I figure I should put some use to my 100 movies of 2010 which I did this year and compile a list of my favourites. Also wonder how in the hell I managed to watch over 100 films in a year. I’m not sure I’ll be able to beat that amount in 2011.
Onto the lists, I’m doing one top 10 list of cinema releases and one of all the films I saw this year.
Think I watched more movies at the cinema this year than I have done in a long time. In total I saw 34 films at the cinema. That’s not bad!
Top 10 Cinema Releases
- Inception: I just bloody love it.
- Black Swan: Never been more tense while watching a film at the cinema.
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: One word – epic.
- Buried: Brilliant piece of film making.
- Toy Story 3: A fitting end to the Toy Story movies.
- The Social Network: Loved the dialogue.
- Never Let Me Go: A moving and surprising story.
- Let Me In: Finally, a good vampire movie.
- TRON: Legacy: Beautiful movie with the best soundtrack.
- Kick Ass: Shaky start, but brought it together by the end.
Top 10 Movies of the Year
This is tough. I want all of those listed above as well as the ones I saw on the telly box.
- Inception: Can’t give this movie up.
- Moon: Intelligent little sci-fi flick.
- Black Swan: Really was that blown away by the movie.
- Office Space: Wondering why it took me so long to see this. It’s hilarious!
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: Like Inception and Black Swan, this is definitely a must for this list.
- In Bruges: Surprisingly moving film, as well as being laugh out loud funny.
- Defiance: I do like a good war-ish film.
- Revolutionary Road: Do not watch when depressed.
- [REC]: Surprisingly good Spanish horror.
- Mesrine: Killer Instinct: My favourite of the two parts
Ask me on any other day and I think that list will be different. For today, and prosperity’s sake, this will be in for 2010.
Top 5 Movie Scores of the Year
I love my movie score soundtracks so I thought I should do a list of the things that see me through until the DVD release of my favourite films.
- TRON: Legacy: I love you Daft Punk.
- Inception: One of Hans Zimmer’s best since Gladiator.
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World Score: Nice eclectic bunch of score pieces.
- Battlestar Galactica: The Plan/Razor: Not cinema releases I know, but movies the same, and Bear’s scores are some of my favourite, ever.
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time: Harry Gregson-Williams is fast becoming a favourite of mine.
Reckon I’ll be able to hit 130 films next year?