100 movies of 2012

100 movies of 2012 starts with The Tourist

2011’s movie challenge of watching at least 120 films (That I hadn’t seen before) in the year appeared to be a little over ambitious. So I’m settling for being a little bit more humble with my goal this year and setting my sights on 100 films to been seen this year.

I was hoping to start the year off with a GREAT film. That great film was planned on being The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. However, the bank holiday mood crept in on me and I found myself unable to move from the sofa. I could reach the TV remote and settled on something to fill the time. Sadly, what filled the time only did just that…

The Tourist The Tourist (02/01/12)

Revolves around Frank, an American tourist visiting Italy to mend a broken heart. Elise is an extraordinary woman who deliberately crosses his path.

Well this film was just all wrong. As I said above, it filled the time, but that’s about all. Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie had zero chemistry. Neither looked all that interested in doing their acting thing in the film. Moments that were probably meant to be slightly comedic were bland and none of the action sequences were particularly thrilling.

The less said about the film the better. It was just bad, boring and bland. Like the poster.
Rating: 1/5

Read on to see all the films watched this year…

1. The Tourist 1/5 (02/01/12)

• Reply Rach January 3, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Starting with a great film is one thing, but at least you can look at this with the opinion of “well I started the year with a terrible film, the only way is up!”

• Reply Jaina January 3, 2012 at 1:15 pm

I think I started last year with terrible films too. I might be turning it into a tradition.

• Reply Castor January 3, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Might as well start with one of the worst of the bunch so it only gets better from here 😉

• Reply Jaina January 4, 2012 at 9:02 am

Here’s hoping!

• Reply Dan O. January 3, 2012 at 6:29 pm

It was very uneven but I had a little bit of fun with it. Nice review Jaina.

• Reply Jaina January 4, 2012 at 9:03 am

There were some moments where I thought, this could get better! But I found that they were points where Johnny Depp was doing his best Capt Jack/Rango esque impressions! Just wish it was better.

• Reply Nostra January 3, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Ouch, heard bad things about this and haven’t seen it myself. I started my year with the enjoyable Puss in Boots (7/10)

• Reply Jaina January 4, 2012 at 9:04 am

I wouldn’t rush to watch it, that’s my advice.

I think I’ll wait for Puss in Boots when it hits the small screens. For some reason, I’m not all that enamoured with the Shrek franchise.

• Reply Jersey January 4, 2012 at 10:58 am

I haven’t seen it yet, but some of my friends told me they were in pain while watching it. In other words, one of the worst movies ever.
    Given your review, I don’t even want to catch it up!

• Reply Jaina January 4, 2012 at 12:06 pm

I can highly recommend that this film is one to be missed!

• Reply Jina January 4, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Johnny Depp in a 1/5 movie, who’d have thought it!

It’s weird, because I like these two actors a great deal, but I saw the trailer for this and it just didn’t appeal to me.

• Reply Jaina January 5, 2012 at 9:01 am

Me too – love Johnny and Angelina. Good supporting cast too. Just did not work at all.

• Reply Kristin January 5, 2012 at 6:03 am

Lol, I love your short but funny review. Unfortunately, it wasn’t the greatest. But James Newton Howard lends a nice soundtrack to the movie. Oh, and Johnny Depp is playing someone NORMAL! Crazy, huh?

• Reply Jaina January 5, 2012 at 9:00 am

The soundtrack was nice, but sadly it was overwhelmed by the stink of the film for me.

Johnny Depp playing normal was terrifying.

• Reply 100 movies of 2012: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo | Time well spent January 5, 2012 at 1:01 pm

[…] gone from one of the worst films I’ve ever watched, to one of the best. Life is indeed a […]