Pirate Captain sets out on a mission to defeat his rivals Black Bellamy and Cutlass Liz for the Pirate of the year Award. The quest takes Captain and his crew from the shores of Blood Island to the foggy streets of Victorian London.
Wow. What a freaking big disappointment. It’s rare I start anything here so negatively. But I’m not sure why I was quite so disappointed. Not epically disappointed. But near enough.
See, those clever Aardman Animations guys did amazing work with Wallace and Gromit. None of them hit a dud note. Charming. Cute. Funny. Touching. Stop motion at its best. Near enough.
The Pirates! dropped the ball. For me. It looked like a lot of fun. Anything with pirates is usually a lot of fun. (Yes, I did enjoy all of the Pirates of the Caribbean films. Crap. That’s a lie. I enjoyed the original trilogy. I even liked Cutthroat Island!) Except this. Honestly one of the most boring films I’ve seen. Sure there were a small handful of jokes that got a laugh out of me. Though hearing I’m Not Crying by Flight of the Conchords got more of a laugh out of me. The most entertaining thing about this film was figuring out all the voice actors without IMDB’ing them.
Ask me to recall the plot and I won’t be able to. And as such, I can’t really think of what else to write about.
The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists! (Viewed: 07/02/13 | Rating: 1/5)
Check out all of the films I’ve seen this year:
8 films so far…
- Flight (Viewed: 01/01/13 | Rating: 4/5)
- Beasts of the Southern Wild (Viewed: 09/01/13 | Rating: 3/5)
- Gangster Squad (Viewed: 15/01/13 | Rating: 4/5)
- Les Miserables (Viewed: 23/01/13 | Rating: 5/5)
- Django Unchained (Viewed: 25/01/13 | Rating: 5/5)
- Tucker and Dale vs. Evil (Viewed: 27/01/13 | Rating: 4/5)
- Another Earth (Viewed: 29/01/13 | Rating: 4/5)
- The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists! (Viewed: 07/02/13 | Rating: 1/5)