The past week and a bit I’ve been a little bit busy. Well, not busy. But I’d given myself a task to do and get done in just over a week. Get my portfolio updated.
This is what it was. Which is fine. It was nothing special. Well, it was a bit special once upon a time ago. But no longer. I’d kept the information updated and added new work as and when I could. But the design? Just a bit eh really. From my POV.
Say hello to the redesigned JainaMistry.com. Complete redesign. From scratch.
It’s totally responsive, so it’ll work on mobile phones, tablets, laptops and desktops. I could have done more to make it retina friendly, but eh. I got lazy there. It’s still just a one page simple affair but I am much happier with this layout. Showcases my skills a lot more. And, getting rid of the black was a good idea.
Just in case anyone is interested, here’s a bunch of things that helped me get the site done:
- HTML5 Boilerplate was my starting point.
- Google Fonts for all of the fonts used on the site.
- FitText to make sure all the headings looked good when the site resized.
- for the icon-age.
- Magnific Popup for the very awesome responsive lightboxes.
- 1 page PHP contact form for the contact form.
- LocalScroll for some pretty scrolling
(PS. If you spot anything slightly wonky with it, let me know! Please? If you say it looks weird in IE6 I may just have to… rudely ignore you.)