30 Day Challenge, Photo Challenges

30 Day Black & White Challenge: Week 3

Week 3 didn’t go so well. I wasn’t feeling quite myself and little bit less than happy. As a consequence the camera wasn’t out as much as I just didn’t feel like taking photos. Sad, pathetic excuse!

30 day challenge: getting some greens 30 day challenge: roll of the ball 30 day challenge: passing time 30 day challenge: finger lickin' good

Only 4 photos? Wow, I did worse than even I thought I did. I honestly thought I did a bit better than that. Well, here’s to week 4 and more than 4 photos.

• Reply Jina October 25, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Not a sad excuse at all! I’m sorry to hear you’ve had a not so great week though :( *hugs* Hopefully this week will be better?

Great effort on the challenge – my particular favourite being that bottom left one. Feels kinda abstract and intriguing. And I have that same round ball thingy as in the top right photo! It was in a bag of pot potpourri I bought from Asda. I only remember this because I bought it solely for using as photo props 😉

• Reply Jaina October 25, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Am hoping this week’s a bit better too!

My little wicker ball is from Ikea! You’ll be hard pressed to find anything in my house that’s not from Ikea. And yes, they do make great photo props!

• Reply Jina October 26, 2011 at 12:15 pm

I’ve always said that if I ever become homeless, I’m moving into Ikea. It has everything I need 😉

• Reply Jaina October 26, 2011 at 12:29 pm

It does! Ooo, have you seen http://ikeahackers.net ? The best site EVER!

• Jina October 27, 2011 at 3:29 pm

I’ve not seen that before. That’s so ridiculously awesome! *bookmarking*

• Jaina October 28, 2011 at 1:45 pm

There’s a great entry in there how some guy did up his whole studio apartment – it had no rooms, so he created rooms with PAX wardobes! It’s amazing!

• Reply lisacng June 10, 2012 at 7:01 pm

I love the idea of ikea hacking but I’m not creative in that way ;). Don’t be so hard on yourself. I laughed when a friend couldn’t get thru a 365 challenge and gave up in March. Then I tried one and gave up in Feb! Anyways the ikea ball is my fav bc really good dimension in the ball with light and shadows. You using a flash for your indoor shots?

• Reply Jaina June 12, 2012 at 1:47 pm

No flash. I’m not a big fan of flashes. Maybe because I haven’t mastered them, but love using natural/available light.