The homework’s been done. Batman Begins was given a once over last week and The Dark Knight was given another look this week. The soundtracks of both have been on repeat for the last couple of days. It’s finally here.
Today is most probably one of the most exciting filmic release days of the year for me. And probably a lot of other people around the world. See, today, we finally get to see the conclusion to Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy.
I for one. Am just a little bit excited. Only a little bit.
My ticket has been booked for a couple of weeks. Well, I jumped on to booking as soon as they were available. Glad that I did too. More relieved. I don’t know what I’d have done if I didn’t get tickets for opening night. *faint*
Just a few reasons why I can’t wait for The Dark Knight Rises:
- Batman Begins.
- The Dark Knight.
- Hans Zimmer – I swear, there hasn’t been a really amazing bit of score music for a single film this year so far.
- Joseph Gordon Levitt – yes, he constitutes a reason.
- I’ve been promised it’s going to be epic. I believe everything that’s told to me when there’s a promise involved.
- Did you see that scene in the trailer with the bridges? Woah!
- I have a huge amount of faith in Christopher Nolan pulling something amazing off here.
I’ve gone cold turkey from watching any promos, TV spots, trailers, etc, since the fourth trailer. Not even listened to the soundtrack.
Just hope this isn’t going to be a case of the hype killing the film. Deep down, I’m sure it’s not.
Come back to me at half eleven tonight. I’ll have an answer for you then.