It’s the end of 2011 and sadly I failed both the projects I set out to do when I started the year.
My 365 project ended in February. Big failure. My 120+ films of 2011 (Whereby I watch at least 120 films in a year. New films to me, not necessarily new releases.) was also a little bit of a failure as I didn’t reach my target. Though, last year I somehow managed to go over 120, despite my target only being 100.
It wasn’t a total failure. Still managed (just) over 100 films, which is a bit of a feat in itself. Saw some quality stuff and not so quality stuff. So here’s a run down of my year in films.
I saw 42 films at the cinema. That’s definitely the most I’ve ever seen in the cinema during one year. Dread to think of how much money I’ve spent!
I’ve given 13 films 5/5. They are…
- 127 Hours
- The King’s Speech
- Fast & Furious 5: Rio Heist
- Up in the Air
- The Usual Suspects
- Super 8
- The Secret in their Eyes
- Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
- The Ides of March
And I also gave 11 films 1/5. They are…
- He’s Just Not That Into You
- Imagine That
- Monsters vs. Aliens
- Lakeview Terrace
- The Happening
- Walking Tall
- The Human Centipede
- Apollo 18
- 2 films from the 80s.
- 3 documentaries. Senna being the clear favourite out of those.
- 4 westerns. Rango being my favourite.
- 5 foreign films. The Secret in their Eyes hitting me hardest. TrollHunter making me laugh loudest.
- 6 animated films. How to Train Your Dragon surprising me most.
- 8 comic book movie adaptations. Thor being my favourite.
- 11 sequels. Fast & Furious 5 probably being the most satisfying.
- 14 films in April. My busiest film month.
- 19 horror films. Though none really stand out for me.
I’m going to do another film challenge next year. I’ve been doing them every year since 2008, so it’ll feel strange not doing one. Wondering how many I should attempt to fit into next year. Maybe just aim for 100+?