It’s been one of those weeks where I keep meaning to post but I never do. For no real reason. Other than. Well, like I said. No real reason. So what’s up? Here’s a quick run down…
- You might have noticed (or not) that I’ve stopped posting my 365 photos. See there’s a reason for that. The reason being there might not be any photos. Carelessly forgot to take a photo one day. Once you skip one, it’s easy to skip others. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!
- Started a new job last week. I am officially an Email Specialist now. It’s all very exciting
- Downside of my new job is that it’s in the city and I’m stuck with commuting on the tube. It’s not that bad. But it is hella expensive and more often than not, smelly. Ahhh… I did it for 5 years before. I can suck it up now!
- And on the subject of commuting, it’s making me get back to reading. So hopefully I’ll get to finish The Magus soon.
- Finally getting my film tally up a bit more these days. Seen 6 films so far this month – go me! Favourites have to be The Conjuring (Finally, a scary film that relies on building atmosphere and solid characters and acting!), The Descent (I didn’t think a film could make me feel so bloody claustrophobic.) and Before Midnight (Loved it. And it made me cry. And cry.) Oh also, making my way through some Will Ferrell films. Saw Anchorman and while it’s an amusing enough film, I’m not getting why it gets so much love.
- Why is Elysium getting such mixed reviews? Well, I’ll find out soon enough. But this is concerning me. I am REALLY looking forward to this film!
- Breaking Bad is BACK! Or it will be tonight. And by this time tomorrow I’ll have seen a new episode. About fucking time for this show to come back.
- Talking about TV, I didn’t realise this final season of Dexter was getting so much hate from the interwebs. I’ve been enjoying it. Honestly. Love what they’re doing with Deb particularly.
- My post surgery recovery is more or less complete. Despite still being a bit cack handed with my right hand and giving every single commuter who ‘knocks’ my arm into an oblivion of pain to and from work, I’m happy to say it’s going okay. But still, I think I’d prefer having a bionic arm.
- Finding I have to harvest basil every other weekend. So now I have a freezer stocked with a decent amount of pesto and a jar of basil syrup sitting in my fridge. Basil syrup is AMAZING! Trust me. Just gorgeous.
- Shock of all shocks – I have cancelled my Spotify subscription. Well my premium account. Something I never thought I’d do. But building up my own music collection and am trying out Google’s offering. I bet it won’t be long until I’m back on Spotify!
- And this is a silly one. But earned myself about 1000 karma link points on reddit for one link. In one day. That has made me happier than it probably ought to.
I haven’t had much time for the Interwebs. But found some stuff which I wanted to share…
- Loved reading Sati’s review for The Conjuring. Not just because I agree with pretty much everything she says, but you can tell how much she enjoyed this awesome film.
- I want to try this recipe for chicken skewers and avocado ranch so much. Finding chipotle peppers will be a bit tricky though.
- After giving him a blog-pass-it-on award thing, Brik’s passed the buck back to myself. Thanks, dude! Will get round to answering those soon.
- This salad in a jar is genius! Solves so many lunch problems for me.
- I want this knife tablet block. Well, if it came with a collection of utterly amazing knives. Even though you really only need one fantastic knife in the kitchen.
- In my search for bulking up my music collection, Chris’ posts on the music he’s listening to are pretty much essential for me now. Thanks!
- Just another reason for me to want to go to New Zealand – these are BIZARRE!
And here’s some a photo of some beer. Because I’m now a beer drinking kind of gal. Now that I am a beer drinking girl, I need to drink many beers to find out what I like.