We’re now a few days into 2013 and I’m only just getting around to writing a New Years themed post. Let’s just say I was waiting to see what 2013 would feel like before I jump into judgements and resolutions.
2012 wasn’t a bad year for me. It wasn’t phenomenally-oh-my-god-amazing-best-year-ever. But there were some definite memorable moments.
- Took the leap into self-employment. Sort of.
- Experienced my first ever surgery.
- Holidayed in a castle.
- Learnt about tidal flows.
- Climbed onto a window sill without an exit plan. (The whole of my holiday to Scotland with my friends was pretty much an entire week of memorable.)
- Fell in love.
- Read more. All of eight books. Trust me. For me, that’s a lot. (A Feast for Crows, A Dance with Dragons, MWF Seeking BFF, The Lies of Locke Lamora, Batman: Year One, Double Dexter, Red Seas Under Red Skies, World War Z and Cat’s Cradle)
- Saw some great things at the theatre – Bring Me the Head of Adam Riches, The 39 Steps and The Boy with Tape on His Face.
- Wrote my first ever guest blog post.
There are a few things I wished I did more of in 2013. Taken more photos. Gone to the theatre more. Saw more live music. Seen my friends more. Gone on holiday somewhere new. Little things. But things I can’t help but wish I’d done.
So 2013, I’m hoping to pack some of these things into you. Though, failing on taking more photos as I haven’t even picked up my camera yet this year.
One theatre trip is already booked (Book of Mormon) and hopefully one more fairly soon.
But I have absolutely no plans. Which is a first for me. No resolutions. Which isn’t a first for me. I never make resolutions. Just going to take each day as it comes. With a few of those things up there in mind.